Thomas Dickey wrote:
On Sat, 5 May 2007, Charles Wilson wrote:

The fact is, rxvt upstream is dead, dead, dead. It has shuffled off this mortal coil. Joined the choir invisible. It is an EX-terminal. The terminal is terminal.

thanks for agreeing with me.  It has no maintainer.

Not so fast, Thomas. I did not and do not agree with your previous posts: neither of your messages claimed that "upstream rxvt has no maintainer". (If they did, then I would have agreed with that.) Your messages claimed that rxvt had no cygwin maintainer. That claim is false: I am the cygwin maintainer for rxvt.

Don't try to retcon this thread.

Frankly, I prefer rxvt-unicode on X -- even in non-unicode mode -- because

yes (does cygwin finally have unicode support? - no one's mentioned it
on this list at all).

No, cygwin does not. Cygwin's rxvt-unicode port has limited unicode support because Thomas Wolff provided me with a patch (to rxvt-unicode) that shims unicode support by intercepting certain X calls.

--
Chuck