Nadia Dimitrova wrote:
Dear Cygwin,

One copy of a request is more than enough BTW.

I am trying to install FontForge on my Windows Vista laptop and I need Cygwin shell to run it. To set environmental variables they suggest I run a BAT file. It looks like it succeeds with the variables but it cannot execute XWin at the end.

Could you please help me figure out what is wrong with my Cygwin installation.

I get a message

<snip>

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'
winDeinitMultiWindowWM - Noting shutdown in progress
------

See starxwin.BAT file at the end of this message.

I appreciate your help.

See the FAQ entry:

<http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#q-error-font-eof>

216 Dalton Rd.                          (508) 429-6305 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746