On 2/27/2012 5:20 PM, George Barrick wrote:
Subj: most recent xfig-3.5.2b-2 broken.

                               2012.02.27.16:18:08 UT

I see no reason to re-install cygwin. It is purely a Avast problem

Hi Marco,

       I went and re-installed my antivirus so that its
files would be stored in a better directory.  That has
fixed my problem, as the av still slips .dll's into the
execution stack when I run cygwin processes, but now
my system knows where everything can be found.

        I tested the new octave.  At first it crashed
when I asked for plots, but then I did the:

rebaseall -v

Hi George
if you see fork problem on the *.oct dll's of octave

please try
  "rebaseall -s 'dll|so|oct'"

from the ash-shell, and everything works.  Both the
latest xfig and the new octave-3.6.1 work as they
should.  Thank you for your patience.

George

you are welcome
Marco