On 02.10.2014 12:07, t s wrote:

fwd

Subject: Cygwin start menu / mirrors
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 06:05:10 -0400

Do these updates solve the problem with the start menu?

I usually download updates from; ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/

Today it says;

"One or more mirrors you have selected is/are not on the list of official
Cygwin mirrors any more. They may be out of date or missing some packages.

if you experience installation problems consider trying official mirrors only"

when I click Yes, it goes to a download screen for setup.bz2.sig

and it stalls

which server should I be using? surely mirrors.kernel.org should be trustworthy?

the ftp portion of mirrors.kernel.org was a bit unresponsive in the latest days.

Try using the http://mirrors.kernel.org