On 6/30/2010 6:52 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Andy Koppe!

C:/bin on /usr/bin type ntfs (binary,auto)
C:/lib on /usr/lib type ntfs (binary,auto)
C: on / type ntfs (binary,auto)

Urgh.  I hope you know what you're doing...

Yeah, I do trust the Cygwin package maintainers not to overwrite
/Windows or /Users.

Actually that was a reference to C:/bin being a pointer to /usr/bin instead
of /bin In normal installation it is that way plus /usr/bin as symlink to
/bin Not the other way around. (sh is in /bin, with your structure, no way it
could be reached through C:/bin )

Actually, what Andy has is what 'setup.exe' provides if you install in
'C:\'.  I have the same thing.  So what he has is a "normal installation"
if the user chooses to install in 'C:\'.  Also, FWIW, 'setup.exe' does not
create a "symlink" from '/usr/bin' to '/bin'.  It only creates the mounts
like what Andy shows above.

Holliston, MA 01746