2010/7/2 Ramón García Fernández <ram...@cnmv.es>:
> The cause was that the argument list was long. That is, a program invoked
> with a long argument list could not fork. Perhaps this behaviour could be
> improved.

I'll try if it's within perl. Before I see no problem with perl's
fork, but maybe it's elsewhere.

What is your openoffice ticket url for this problem?
With http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=allsvn&msgNo=9427

I see a possible problem in:
  my $command = "rebase " . $options_string;
where $options_string can get too large and the error message
should be improved.
I don't think perl has a test for argument length limits yet. I'll investigate.

If within the cygwin1.dll you have to be more specific were exactly.
A part of the strace of the failing rebase.pl call would help.

> On the other hand, I tried creating a junction point with linkd.exe so that I
> could use short names for the openoffice source tree. But this didn't work
> becase the configure script translated junction points, because cygpath
> translates them. Why? This is surprising. For example if c:\ooo is a junction
> to c:\Documents and settings\myuser\openoffice, why should cygpath -w
> /cygdrive/c/ooo return c:\Documents...\openoffice rather than c:\ooo? At
> least that translation should be optional.

This is a behaviour within the cygwin dll.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/           http://murbreak.at/