> When a user with administrative privileges logs in to sshd, it seems that the
> user is only granted
> standard user privileges for that session.  Is there a way around that?  How
> can I get the admin
> privileges for that session?

Winding this up:

Password authentication to sshd is all that's needed to be granted the
account's admin privileges on
login.  I was mistaken about UAC:  unlike at the console, when you log in by
ssh, the account's
admin privileges are granted at login, without needing any further
authentication to UAC.

Thanks very much Eliot and Karl, for your answers about UAC.  Although it turns
out that they're not
needed in this case, they're likely to be useful some other time.

Andrew.