We have a file share on machine1.  Machine1 has a local group, share_read, that
contains a domain group share_readers and share_readers has a list of
individuals with access to the share.  From Windows access is fine.  In Cygwin,
ls -l is showing no access to the files for the users.  Adding the domain group
directly to the share solves the problem.  I'm even able to duplicate this
behavior locally on my machine with a group and a folder local to the machine,
so it's not the fact that it's a network share.  And adding my domain account
directly to the local group does not work either.  So it appears the culprit
might be the local group.  Any thoughts?

Thanks In Advance,
Dave