I'm using tcsh and for some reason the default configuration for X11 keeps
leaving zombie dbus processes, none of which seem to be reachable.  For
example, when running Octave I get an error that dbus wasn't replying.  Now,
if within the open xterm window I type dbus-launch and then I run octave,
there is no error.  I noticed that running dbus-launch in the xterm window
creates three environment variables beginning with DBUS_ but the default
startup only creates the first one, DBUS_SESSION or some such.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

--
Sent from: http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Cygwin-list-f3.html