Am 09.02.2020 um 04:20 schrieb Koichi Murase:
Specifically I thought about completely disabling the pseudo console
support with terminal emulators, and turning on it only for Cygwin
consoles.  But this is based on my assumption that the pseudo console
mode is aimed to provide enhanced Cygwin consoles and does not affect
the functional differences in terminal emulators.
Actually it's just the other way round. The pseudo console serves the adaptation of client-side (i.e. native Windows programs) console usage to server-side (i.e. pty-accessed terminals) interaction, transforming character sets, raw input, signal handling. Most of this is not needed inside the Windows console / "Cygwin console".