Hi Takashi,

Thanks for looking at this & your great work on Cygwin!

On Tue, 2020-02-11 at 11:20 +0900, Takashi Yano wrote:
> Is this the same as your problem?

Yeah, it could be. Could this result in fork error messages as we are
seeing all over the place?

> If so, it goes without stopping 1 minute with patch:
> https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2020-q1/msg00148.html

Nice trick to use pinfo as a work-around, but i could fear that others
also call kill() at this critical time. Is there an actual fix for
kill() in the cooking? I could fear that tools like "make" actually
call this all over the place, especially if its aborting running
processes. And why did this work before?

> In any case, the following error occurs.
>
> /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-cygwin/7.4.0/../../../../x86_64-pc-
> cygwin/bin/ld:test00.d: file format not recognized; treating as
> linker script

That looks OK. Ignore the actual result of the makefile,
its just garbage :-). Its only to reproduce this error.

Thanks again for helping,

/pedro