Jon Turney, on Friday, March 6, 2020 01:55 PM, wrote...
> Cc: Jose Isaias Cabrera <jic...@outlook.com>
>
> On 06/03/2020 17:00, Jose Isaias Cabrera wrote:
> > When I run setup, I get a prompt to enter my proxy credentials, which
> > is pretty handy.  I have other tools that just uses the IE or Firefox
> > proxy entries, but now, I am trying to figure out how cygwin setup
> > creates that credential prompt to see if I am able to use it with
> > another tool.  Anyway has any idea?  Thanks.
>
> I think that dialog is presented when setup gets a
> 'HTTP 407 Proxy Authentication Required' response.
Yeah, that is what I am getting now on another application. But, unlike the
wonderful cygwin setup application, it lacks the wisdom to popup a credential
form.

> I think if you are using the 'Use System Proxy Settings' setting in
> setup, and the system has the proxy credentials, you shouldn't need to
> provide the credentials.
May be so, but, I am sure that in here, the use system settings is turned off
and blocked.  Thanks for the quick response.

josé