Am 01.04.2020 um 13:07 schrieb Luc Henninger:
Hello,

I have defined the PS1 variable as follow
PS1='\[\e]0;\w\a\]\[\e[32m\]\u@\h \[\e[35m\]\w\[\e[0m\]\n\$ '
so that the cur dir is set as title of the window.

This generally work for both mintty or cmd.
But after the sequence
  Luc@Mulan ~
  $ emacs &
  [1] 371
  Luc@Mulan ~
  $ cd bin
  Luc@Mulan ~/bin
  $
the title of the mintty widow remain to "~".

The same sequence with cmd window change the title to "~/bin"

The title is correctly updated only after I close emacs and push a return to the main window.

Any explanation? Thanks
Noted first, this is in any case not a mintty issue as mintty updates the title whenever it receives the respective escape sequence. The scenario sounds weird, however. Is the background process continuously sending title escape sequences? But 'emacs &' looks like you're starting a GUI instance of emacs, right? So why should it?
Thomas