On 4/7/2020 11:10 AM, Kristian Ivarsson via Cygwin wrote:
Opening a (second) descriptor for (blocking) write sometimes fail

The provided test case sometimes succeed, but quite often fail with ENOENT
(in various indexes)

I haven't dug deeper to find the underlaying cause yet

Have anyone experienced this before ?

I can't reproduce this on my system. I changed 1000 to 10000 and then ran your test case 10 times, and it never failed. I tested both cygwin-3.1.4 and the HEAD of the topic/fifo branch (which I recently force-pushed in case you want to try it).

Can you run your test under strace and see if that provides a clue?

Ken