Hi Gerlach,

On 17/04/2020 13:10, Gerlach van Beinum via Cygwin wrote:
I made a program to read a csv file from Excel. I called it excel.c
and it made an executable excel.exe
If irun that executable with:
./excel.exe
nothing happens, i.i. no output.

Try running it under gdb. You should get a better description than "no output".

If I rename it to a.exe it runs OK.

What about this name excel??

It's used by a fairly popular application published by a legacy software vendor headquartered in Redmond, Washington.

My Cygwin version is up-to-date.

I believe it when I see it (the output of cygcheck -s -r -v, attached to the
email).

Csaba
--
You can get very substantial performance improvements
by not doing the right thing. - Scott Meyers, An Effective C++11/14 Sampler