On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 7:56 AM KAVALAGIOS Panagiotis (EEAS-EXT) wrote:

> Are you sure that a setup that is automated with a silent
> installation, but it still displays a progress popup, it cannot fail
> if it is not able to display that window when there is no user
> logged in? I am not, hence I would prefer that setup could ensure a
> real background operation.
>
> An exception displaying the progress window could lead to the
> interruption of the installation process. That is a blocking
> condition as well, even though no input is required by the user.

An exception during the installation would only block if it prevents
the process from closing (i.e., if it displays a message box). That
could happen in an installation even if the installer isn't displaying
a GUI.

What I am saying is what's important about automated installation is
that it not block (even in the case of an exception). Whether the
installer displays a GUI or not is really irrelevant, particularly if
the installation isn't running as the current user (in which case the
current user doesn't see the GUI anyway).

Bill