On 5/7/2020 11:15 PM, Cygwin wrote:
Based on my limited testing, 2.0.0-2 works fine with local directories. As far as i can tell it works at least as well as version 1.2.8-6.

Thanks for testing. I'll promote 2.0.0-2.

2.0.0-2 does exhibit the same behavior for network shares.  I discovered, however, that there is a "native" windows version of rdiff-backup (https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/releases/tag/v2.0.0), so I downloaded, installed, tried it.  It also exhibits the same behavior for network shares, so the issue is clearly not introduced by the cygwin port.

I created an issue upstream (https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/issues/353).

Thanks for that, too.

--
David Rothenberger  ----  daver...@acm.org