Hi,

On doing an habitual "cygcheck -rs", I was interrogated and ALARMED to see some
register keys speaking cygwin :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local
Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\
microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet
Explorer\DOMStorage\cygwin.com
(default) = 0x00000000
NumberOfSubdomains = 0x00000001

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local
Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\
microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet
Explorer\EdpDomStorage\cygwin.com
(default) = 0x00000000
NumberOfSubdomains = 0x00000000

Examining the registry under cygwin:
      cd /proc/registry/HKEY_CURRENT_USER/... ;
Positioned on Internet Explorer\,
I found 4 sub-keys : DOMStorage DomStorageState EdpDomStorage Main

These keys are very populated :
"ls -lR|wc -l" give me 1285 lines, and I can read many traces of my use of
internet about bank vpn ...

For DOMStorage an EdpDomStorage a list of URL is indicated with dates between
July 2019 and Apr 2020

The values attached to cygwin.com URL as for others are 4 bytes values - no
clear meaning.

To conclude, Microsoft spy and register all sites you access, cygwin.com in
particular.
I hope only with Edge, but I am not sure of that.

I have never see in cygcheck, such reference to cygwin with chrome, firefox ,
opera ...
May be something is done to mask them.

Sorry for my bad English.