This is it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10. So as
with lots of Microsoft docs, you'll need to read the fine print, because it
matters with WSL2. Install WSL first, then upgrade to WSL2. You need the just
released Windows 10 2004 version. WSL2 just landed "regular folks" in Windows
10 2004 (20H1). ...and we are moving the thread from it's original intent...

Now, keep in mind that even with WSL, you will run into Python 2 deprecation
issues. For instance, I prefer to use Fedora when I use Linux. The next version
of Fedora won't have Python 2 as an installable option. So you'll be in the
same Python 2 boat. Now, if you choose to run (and pay for) an "Enterprise OS"
(cough, cough), you'll be OK, but in 2020 who does that? :trollface: I guess
you could run one of the LTS Ubuntu's... I don't have any direct experience
with Ubuntu myself.

/allen

Disclaimer Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, and any attachments and/or
documents linked to this email, are intended for the addressee and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or otherwise
protected by law. Any dissemination, distribution, or copying is prohibited.
This notice serves as a confidentiality marking for the purpose of any
confidentiality or nondisclosure agreement. If you have received this
communication in error, please contact the original sender.