Am 01.07.2020 um 15:36 schrieb Jeffrey Walton via Cygwin:
I think the documentation leaves a lot to be desired... I'm trying to
tell someone what version of Cygwin I am using.

There's a FAQ item at
https://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.what.version. It gives this
useless advice:
The advice is correct and useful, if you read it.

    To find the version of the Cygwin DLL installed, you can use uname
    as on Linux or cygcheck. Refer to each command's --help output and
    the Cygwin User's Guide for more information.

OK, let's try it:

$ cygcheck -v
Usage: cygcheck [-v] [-h] PROGRAM
        cygcheck -c [-d] [PACKAGE]
        cygcheck -s [-r] [-v] [-h]
        cygcheck -k

OK, -v is what we need:

$ cygcheck -v cygwin
cygcheck: could not find 'cygwin'
cygwin is a package, not a program, so cygcheck -c cygwin will help; also did you try uname?

OK, another failure.

RTFM does not work. Why the hell don't you just state how to check the
god damn version?