> On Sep  7 14:34, L A Walsh wrote:
>>> I uploaded new snapshots for testing to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/
>>>
>>> Please give them a try.
>> ---
>> Got:
>>
>> "The procedure entry point uname_x could not be located in the dynamic
>> link library cygwin1.dll"
>
> uname_x is exported just fine.  You're doing something wrong.
>
> Corinna
---
I stopped all cygwin processes.  Using cmd.exe, I renamed cygwin1.dll
to cygwin1.dll-.  I 'copy'd the new dll in place and tried to run something.

What step did I miss?

Sorry, I know whatever I missed is obvious to you -- it always is obvious
to someone who knows the answer, but to those that don't know the answer,
it isn't at all obvious.

I have used test libraries before the same way and had them work.  So I
don't know what I missed.