On 9/25/2020 8:31 PM, Duncan Roe wrote:
On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 04:30:45PM -0400, cygwin wrote:
On 9/25/2020 2:50 PM, Ken Brown via Cygwin wrote:
On 9/25/2020 10:29 AM, Michael McMahon wrote:

On 25/09/2020 14:19, Ken Brown wrote:
On 9/24/2020 8:01 AM, Michael McMahon wrote:

On 24/09/2020 12:26, Ken Brown wrote:
On 9/23/2020 7:25 AM, Michael McMahon via Cygwin wrote:
Hi,

I searched for related issues but haven't found anything.

I am having some trouble with Windows native Unix domain sockets
(a recent feature in Windows 10 and 2019 server) and Cygwin.
I think I possibly know the cause since I had to investigate a
similar looking issue on another platform built on Windows.
[SNIP}
Perhaps the question here is:

  "Is it a bug that Cygwin rm can't remove a file system entry that
   no Cygwin program can create?"

No, it's not a bug. But we can certainly try to add a feature to Cygwin that allows it to recognize and work with such files, especially since it appears at first glance to be quite easy to do so.

Ken