On 11/14/2020 12:37 PM, Jim McNamara via Cygwin wrote:

Since there are no adduser or addgroup, I guess I'd create those files
manually off /etc.

I think the recommended way is using the mkpasswd command. Actually the recommended procedure is not to use anything.

Just run that command and take a look at the output. You have to filter out most lines, only add the user you want.

Now run it with --help, you'll see you can list 'local' users AND domain users. I put quotes on local because you can also specify local to which computer (as long as it is running SMB, I think).

Its about the same for groups: mkgroup.

Hope this helps a little.
--
R.Berber