back on the mailing list

On 20.12.2020 00:23, Hans-Bernhard Bröker wrote:
Am 19.12.2020 um 19:21 schrieb Marco Atzeri via Cygwin:

for what I can see upstream has completely removed the install
section from the cmake files on 0.9.9.8 .

unclear why they performed such issue.

Possibly because there isn't all that much to install for a "library" that does not actually contain any compiled files, because it consists of nothing but inlined templates in header files.

I.e. the binary package would just be a subset of the source in a different place.

They seem to assume that the cmake script snippet they offer is sufficient to make the package count as "installed", because that (with an environment variable on top) allows the package to be found by CMake packages.  The canonical method would probably be a CPack package.

Hi Hans,

I have impression debian is using such assumption and copy just the
files in the proper place.
It is annoying anyway.

The fact that the github repository seems to not have the "issues"
is another annoying problem of this package.

Regards
Marco