please reply to mailing list, thanks

On 17.01.2021 18:30, Jim McNamara wrote:

On Sun, Jan 17, 2021, 12:04 PM Marco Atzeri via Cygwin <cygwin@cygwin.com <mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com>> wrote:

    On 17.01.2021 17:26, Jim McNamara via Cygwin wrote:
     > Hi-
     >
     > If I am trying to ssh by local port forwarding from machine A to
    remote
     > host B, do I need cygserv or sshd running on A?

    No. You need sshd (ssh demon) on B

     > B is the sshd server I want to connect to. A is the ssh client.
     >
     > If I test either vnc or ssh on linux virtual machine guest it
    connects no
     > problem.  For some reason NAT is not working from A even though I
    port
     > forward on my NAT adapter on virtual box.
     >
     > Thanks,
     > Robo-loki

    use ssh in verbose mode to see more details

       -v      Verbose mode.  Causes ssh to print debugging messages
    about its
                   progress.  This is helpful in debugging connection,
                  authentica‐tion, and configuration problems.
                   Multiple -v options increase the verbosity.
                   The maximum is 3.
    --
    Problem reports: https://cygwin.com/problems.html
    <https://cygwin.com/problems.html>

Hi Marco,

I had it setup like you suggested.

I will have to look at some other things.

Thanks,
Robo-loki

Regards
Marco