An update on this:

I reverted to the previous version of MinGW 64 binutils in our CI and didn't have issues since then.

Best regards,

Michael

Am 01/02/2021 um 10:25 schrieb Michael Soegtrop:
Hi Achim,

I have some evidence that this update leads to random assembler errors. I have 3 CI failures (out of 5 runs) since the update in an open source project I maintain. The failure is always an error from the MinGW 64 assembler and the errors are random - that is if I rerun the same CI test the error went away in one of one tested case and in the failing cases the error happened compiling different files.

I haven't seen anything like this before the update.

Here are links to one failing and one good case:

Fail run package version:
https://github.com/coq/platform/runs/1803203762?check_suite_focus=true#step:4:164

Fail run error message:
https://github.com/coq/platform/runs/1803203762?check_suite_focus=true#step:4:1664

Good run package version:
https://github.com/coq/platform/runs/1799374171?check_suite_focus=true#step:4:164

I will revert to the old version of the package and see if the errors go away.

The 32 bit version seems fine do far.

Best regards,

Michael