On 2021/02/14 00:43, Takashi Yano via Cygwin wrote:
This is because cygwin console handles SIGWINCH when the input
messages is processed. If the process does not call either read()
or select(), SIGWINCH will not be sent. This is the long standing
problem of the implementation and hard to fix.

This seems to be a bug of console code. I will submit a patch
for this issue.
---
I'd be careful 'fixing' this, as it seems to work the same
way on linux / bash.

I have this func setup on bash_profile & bashrc on
both cygwin and linux:

# display new size of terminal when resized
: showsize () {\
 declare s=$(stty size); s="(${s// /x})"  ;\
}; export -f showsize

trap showsize SIGWINCH
-----
Of note, on linux, I didn't have to reset LINES/COLUMNS,
however, on cygwin, I note that I should.

Oh well -- hmmm....is that a bug?