On 4/15/2021 9:15 AM, sten.kristian.ivars...@gmail.com wrote:
[snip]

I tried SOCK_STREAM (and SOCK_SEQPACKET I think) for CYGWIN 3.2.0 but
that didn't work at all

As far as I understand, both all types on pretty much all
implementations preserves message ordering though

I haven't tried SOCK_STREAM and/or SOCK_SEQPACKET with the
topic/af_unix-branch. Is that worth a try ?

SOCK_STREAM is definitely worth a try.  The implementation of that should be
much more reliable than the implementation of SOCK_DGRAM at the
moment.  We don't implement SOCK_SEQPACKET.

It might be a complete rewrite of our semantics though, because it's connection based and allows
just one writer on each "channel" and messages (chunks) cannot be handled
"atomically"

In that case, let's try to get the DGRAM case to work. Corinna has already suggested (on cygwin-developers) a way to deal with the select issue I mentioned. I'll make that change shortly.

Ken