On 2021-05-04 09:14, Andrey Repin via Cygwin wrote:
Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 06:23:02, "Andrey Repin" wrote:
I run cygwin 32-bit on Windows 10 Pro Build 19042.  Cygwin is 3.2.0-1,
openssh is 8.5p1-1.
I use sshd to access the machine from afar.  I notice (often multiple)
processes of sshd.exe with 100% CPU load.

https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2021-April/248299.html
https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2021-April/248309.html

thanks for the link.  Am I mistaken or was there no solution
mentioned?  Do you have any advice how to fix this problem?

No, you are not. There were multiple reports (I only listed recent ones), but
no solution yet.

A stack shown with procexp has function names like "cygwin1.dll!acl_get_perm" and "cygwin1.dll!_assert".

Can anyone give me some advice how to proceed further? I have updated to the latest cygwin multiple times; reboot doesn't help either.

If relevant changes are made, they are normally deployed as snapshots: see the Cygwin home page link.

Are you using:
* SAM with only local Windows accounts?
* MS accounts?
* AD accounts, without cygserver, and without preloading the cygserver group and passwd caches?