Greetings, Sandy!

> We are from the NGO Centro de Autonomia Digital (CAD) based in Quito,
> Ecuador. We have been using Msys2 to test our project Coyim
> (http://github.com/coyim/coyim) in Windows environments.

> The tests are currently running on GitHub Actions, using the Windows
> Server 2019 Datacenter.

> We have one specific test case that is failing because of interesting
> behavior in Msys2. The full description of the issue is available at the
> following link:

> https://github.com/msys2/msys2-runtime/issues/45

> Thanks to the help of one of the Msys2 developers, we found that Cygwin
> bypasses the checking of the Windows ACL permissions when it runs with
> administrative privileges.

That's literally not possible. More likely explanation is that Administrators
group have full access to the object in question.

Please provide the output from icacls and getfacl utilities.

> We would like to know if it is possible to change this behavior of
> Cygwin or at least have his point of view of how we could control the
> permissions even in this scenario.

Unless you can supply an adequate test case, this looks more like
misunderstanding of sort.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin