Hi,

I am trying to setup Cygwin inside a Windows Docker container, but I step into
the issue described here
(https://www.mail-archive.com/cygwin@cygwin.com/msg165792.html) and here
(https://github.com/microsoft/hcsshim/issues/835).
I am not able to fully understand what is the conclusion from the thread in the
mailing list, what is the best approach to avoid this error?
In my Dockerfile I currently download the setup.exe, install it inside the
container, compress the folder with 7z in ZIP format, decompress it and finally
the image has Cygwin installed without errors. However, I would like to improve
this workflow if possible, also because I am not sure if Cygwin works
completely fine after this kind of installation process.
Could someone with more expertise shed some light on the topic?

Best Regards,
Pietro F. Fontana