Hi,

I missed those question - sorry. This ping is the first I saw i response to my question.

The drive "i:" is a simple "subst":

C:\>subst
I:\: => C:\users\ruurd

C:\>

But, to my surprise, that actually causes the problem!  The cygwin64.broken is the Cygwin version with the problem. If I use the SUBST drive, I get the wrong dates, sizes and inodes. When I use it directly, it is OK! I've had the SUBST for many years, as a quick way to get to wherever the source lives.

C:\Users\ruurd\ivt>c:\cygwin64.broken\bin\ls -li win*
281474977247364 -rwx------+ 1 ruurd ruurd     0 Feb  5  2014 win-mac.h
281474977247365 -rwx------+ 1 ruurd ruurd  2969 Apr 12 15:23 winnoise.c
281474977247366 -rwx------+ 1 ruurd ruurd  9037 Oct 25  2017 winsecur.c
281474977247367 -rwx------+ 1 ruurd ruurd  2480 Oct 25  2017 winsecur.h
281474977247368 -rwx------+ 1 ruurd ruurd 61009 Dec  6  2020 winstatus.c
281474977247369 -rwx------+ 1 ruurd ruurd 18292 Feb  8  2020 winwords.h

C:\Users\ruurd\ivt>i:

i:\ivt>c:\cygwin64.broken\bin\ls -li win*
281474977027142 -rwx------+ 1 ruurd ruurd 12288 Jul  6 10:36 win-mac.h
281474977027142 -rwx------+ 1 ruurd ruurd 12288 Jul  6 10:36 winnoise.c
281474977027142 -rwx------+ 1 ruurd ruurd 12288 Jul  6 10:36 winsecur.c
281474977027142 -rwx------+ 1 ruurd ruurd 12288 Jul  6 10:36 winsecur.h
281474977027142 -rwx------+ 1 ruurd ruurd 12288 Jul  6 10:36 winstatus.c
281474977027142 -rwx------+ 1 ruurd ruurd 12288 Jul  6 10:36 winwords.h

I'll try and use the snapshot this evening.

    Thanks,
    Ruurd