On 29/10/2021 00:37, Peter A. Castro wrote:
On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 07:24:59PM +0100, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty wrote:
On 28/10/2021 17:14, Peter A. Castro wrote:
On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 11:14:59AM +0100, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty wrote:

Greetings, Hamish,

On 25/10/2021 17:37, Peter A. Castro wrote:
On Sat, Oct 23, 2021 at 05:14:12PM +0100, Cygwin List wrote:
Hi all,

I was wondering if there exists a snapshot of the Cygwin repos at a time
when Windows XP was still supported?
Try the Cygwin Time Machine which has a continual collection of all
Cygwin packages:

http://www.crouchingtigerhiddenfruitbat.org/Cygwin/timemachine.html

There you can find info specifically about the last XP release.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

Thanks,
Hamish
Cheers, found this later, but good to have a mention in the archive :)

Could we link to the time machine from cygwin.org? It's not very easy to
find as it is.
Really?  Google "Cygwin Time Machine" and it's the very first link. :)

But, if you want to suggest something on the Cygwin list, be my guest.
Well yes, but if you don't know that's what it's called...
Ah... That is a valid point if one dives into Cygwin for the first time...

Perhaps I could have choosen a more descriptive name?  Maybe "Cygwin
Archive"?  But "Cygwin Archive" is a bit to broad and one could argue
that the cygwin.com site is the (rightfully) current "archive" of
Cygwin.  Wouldn't want to detract from that.

Well, people also search, more commonly, for "The last version of
Cygwin to support XP" and that takes you to a Stackoverflow article
which also talks about the Cygwin Time Machine.

So, eventually, all roads lead to Rome...err, I mean the "Time Machine" :)

Fair point(s). I guess I'm bad at searching for things, wouldn't be the first time :)

Hamish