Hi Takashi,

On 11/5/2021 3:41 PM, Takashi Yano via Cygwin wrote:
Thanks much for the detailed steps. I could reproduce the problem.

It seems that the cause is the overhaul for the pipe implementation.
I also found the workaround for this issue. Please try:
export CYGWIN=pipe_byte

Corinna, Ken,
What about setting pipe mode to byte by default?

I have a vague recollection that this caused some other problem, but I'll have to review the email discussions from a few months ago. I'm traveling at the moment and won't get to this for a few days.

In the meantime, could you explain (probably on cygwin-developers) why message mode causes the reported issue? Also, does the problem occur only when there are non-Cygwin apps involved?

Thanks.

Ken