On 2021-11-12 12:18, Ken Brown via Cygwin wrote:
On 11/12/2021 12:50 PM, Brian Inglis wrote:
Got these errors trying to build latest ncurses on my system, so retried on scallywag and got same result, with no clue where that is coming from!
There are no files in the tarball, repo, or build dirs containing 7.4.0

Those paths come from /usr/bin/libtool.  There's some discussion of this issue in

   https://mingw-users.narkive.com/Mx8FQPRf/libtool-hard-coded-paths ,

which even mentions the ncurses problem.  I don't know enough about libtool to suggest the best solution, but probably others on the list do.

Thanks Ken,

That's the source of the symptom indeed!

The package ncurses is pre-auto-tooled in that it appears to have everything setup so that configure reconfigs everything and generates the expected outputs.

Now should I patch /usr/bin/libtool, libtoolize the sources, cygautoreconf, or upgrade libtool?
Anyone have any ideas for the best approach?
Or just go for it and try each in turn in case something works?