I've recently noticed that the 'xload' I routinely run shows zero load even with compute-bound processes running. This is on both Cygwin pre-3.4.0 as well as 3.3.4. A test program, shown below, indicates that getloadavg() is returning with 0 status, i.e. not an error but no elems
of the passed-in array updated.

Stepping with gdb through the test program seems weird within the loadavginfo::load_init method. Single-stepping at line loadavg.cc:68 goes to strace.h:52 and then to _sigbe ?!

I had recently updated both Cygwin and Windows 10 to latest at the same time so I cannot say when the failure started. Last day or two at most.

..mark

-------------------
#define _GNU_SOURCE
#include <stdio.h>