On 2022-05-21 23:54, Fergus Daly wrote:
I've just updated coreutils. I don't use test versions. So I have
$ uname --version
uname (GNU coreutils) 8.32
Packaged by Cygwin (8.32-1)
Now on 32-bit Cygwin I get
$ uname -s
CYGWIN_NT-10.0-19044-WOW64 [ previously CYGWIN_NT-10.0-WOW ]
And on 64-bit Cygwin I get
$ uname -s
CYGWIN_NT-10.0-19044 [ previously CYGWIN_NT-10.0 ]
Packaging error?

That build is a value we have said for years we would make visible for easier determination of Windows version used (21H2 for you and I), previously only visible in /proc/version:

$ head /proc/version
CYGWIN_NT-10.0-19044 version 3.3.5-341.x86_64 (corinna@calimero) (gcc version 11.2.0 20210728 (Fedora Cygwin 11.2.0-2) (GCC) ) 2022-05-13 12:27 UTC

What products or processes does it affect negatively, and are there arguments for suppression, other than backward compatibility?