          Skip          [greyed out]
          8.26-2
        ✔ Keep          [checked]
          Reinstall
          9.0-1 (Test)
          9.1-1 (Test)

you can select 9.0 which will install the suggested test release when Setup is run.

*NO* Cygwin processes can be running when Setup is running, to ensure programs can be replaced without restarting Windows or rerunning Setup.

On 2022-07-19 05:34, Keith Christian wrote:
On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 8:48 PM René Berber wrote:
On 7/18/2022 8:50 PM, Keith Christian wrote:

The installed version of coreutils is 8.32-1.
I see coreutils-9.0-1.tar.gz referenced in setup.ini, but
coreutils-9.0-1.tar.gz is not downloaded to disk.
Setup.exe's version is 2.919, 64 bit.
Whenever I update Cygwin, I first "Download without installing", then,
run setup again and install from disk.
I select View / All, choose Install, then expand All and set "Debug"
to Default to save disk space.
After all new files are downloaded, I run setup and install from disk.
This morning, coreutils-9.0-1 was not installed as again, it was not
downloaded to disk,as mentioned above.
More suggestions are appreciated.

I'd like to test coreutils but cannot find the docs for how to
install a test version.
Sorry, but I don't see anything in setup.exe that would
facilitate installing a test version, seems I recall that test
versions were available to install via setup.
Yes, in setup select the package, and open the drop down to select
which version.
You may need to change the view to Full, if you already have it
installed.