On 7/31/2022 8:23 PM, Takashi Yano wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jul 2022 17:21:32 +0900
Takashi Yano wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jul 2022 09:11:17 +0300
Dimax wrote:
Hello.
I've never had much luck with Cygwin64 and used the 32 bit version before.
Today I have no choice and I've installed Cyg64 on my new Win11 PC.

Here is the first major issue I faced. I can not create symbolic links:

Alex@Alexo ~
$ ls /cygdrive/C/XOL/

Alex@Alexo ~
$ ln -s /cygdrive/C/XOL/ work

Alex@Alexo ~
$ ls -all work
lrwxrwxrwx 1 Alex None 11 Jul 31 09:09 work -> /mnt/C/XOL/

Alex@Alexo ~
$ cd ~/work/
-bash: cd: /home/Alex/work/: No such file or directory

The link is created but I can not use it.
The only thing that I did not standard was to call installation folder
C:\Cygwin instead of default C:\Cygwin64

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for the report. This seems to happen only when
the drive letter is uppercase.

ln -s /cygdrive/c/XOL/ work
works.

Anyway, I think this is a problem of cygwin1.dll.

This
work -> /mnt/C/XOL/
should be
work -> /cygdrive/C/XOL/
shouldn't it?

It guess this is a bug in the code added for WSL
compatibility.

I found the patch attached solves the issue.

Corinna, WDYT?

I'm tempted to go even further and say that Cygwin shouldn't ever convert the cygdrive prefix to /mnt, on the grounds that users who care about WSL interoperability can simply use /mnt as their cygdrive prefix. But maybe that ship has sailed.

Ken