On 8/31/2022 4:40 PM, René Berber wrote:
On 8/31/2022 1:39 PM, Eliot Moss wrote:

On 8/31/2022 1:41 PM, Toyoshima Denis wrote:
Hi there, how are you?

I’d like to know if there’s any possibility of running simple commands inside Cygwin through Python code.
-----------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If yes, could you provide some examples?

This will happen automatically if you use Cygwin's python.
If you don't, then you have to run a program (for example, ls)
by giving the path to the executable - on my system that is:

C:\cygwin64\bin\ls.exe
[snip]

I think he meant something like this:

$ python
Python 3.9.10 (main, Jan 20 2022, 21:37:52)
[GCC 11.2.0] on cygwin
 >>> import os
 >>> os.system("ls")
... output is a list of strings with the contents of current directory
^D

Which is not a question for the Cygwin list, its elementary python.

... except if the OP is talking ab *Windows* python, in which case the
os package will run Windows things, not cygwin ones ...

Best - Eliot