Am 07.02.2023 um 07:59 schrieb Yeo Kai Wei via Cygwin:

I think I found the issue, I believe it's due to MinGW's build of gcc (I could be wrong).

I downloaded "gcc -core" and it worked.

You keep talking of "downloading" and "unpacking" things. That indicates a continuing misunderstanding of how Cygwin is supposed to be installed and configured on your machine, and has been the cause of rather a lot of the confusion you've been going through.

You should never be doing any of that yourself. You simply (re-)run Cygwin setup and select which packages to install. As such, the process is really a case of "installing" things. Downloading, unpacking and all that is handled by the setup program and its underlying database of packages and their relationships.