On 3/14/2023 11:00 PM, WyntrHeart via Cygwin wrote:
I've added /cygdrive/c/program\ files/notepad++ to my path in .bash_profile, double checking with echo to
make sure that the directory is in the path. But when I type "notepad++.exe" or
"notepad++" I get "bash: notepad++: command not found". I did restart the terminal before
testing to make sure that .bash_profile was loaded and path was updated. Is there something I'm doing wrong
here or is this a bug?

That would be:  /cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/notepad++  -- assuming that's a
*folder*
that contains notepad++.exe ...

Note that path (written PATH, and generally exported) contains folder names
separated by colons.

To add to the end you can do:

export PATH="$PATH:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/notepad++"

Note: no \ in front of space inside the quotes.

Best - Eliot Moss