Il 2023-04-14 22:40 Corinna Vinschen ha scritto:
This is really tricky. A new mount point flag could be used to override
this behaviour on a per path basis.  One problem is, the unicode ->
multibyte conversion when evaluating a symlink is done before it's clear
where the symlink target is.  Only the string is converted and it might
be a relative path, so the code doesn't know where the target ends up.
And that's probably not all.

To tell the truth, it is such a corner (and infortunate) case that I would not care if the workaround does not work for symlinks.

Is it really worth to add code to support a long deprecated Windows
service?

Yeah, I understand your point. I am not in the position to evaluate if it would be worth. Maybe a special case for only U+F020 (the most common "strange" char I see) can be considered?

Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico