On 3/24/2023 11:00 AM, Ken Brown via Cygwin wrote:
On 3/22/2023 12:56 PM, Ken Brown via Cygwin wrote:
As I mentioned in the announcement of TeX Live 2023, there has been a major change in ConTeXt; see

   https://tug.org/texlive/bugs.html

Briefly, ConTeXt development has been moved out of TeX Live into a separate project.  Unfortunately, the maintainer of that project decided to remove Cygwin support, so I cannot easily provide a context binary. One Cygwin user of ConTeXt complained upstream, to no avail.

At some point I will probably remove the texlive-collection-context package, which is now useless.  But I am waiting to see how other distros are going to deal with this change.

If you will be greatly inconvenienced by the absence of a context binary, please let me know by replying to this message.  There may or may not be anything I can do about it.

This turned out to be simple to fix.  I will do that shortly, but first I want to finish discussing this with TeX Live maintainers for other distros.

I've now uploaded texlive-collection-context-20230313-2, containing the missing binary.

Ken