On 10/05/2023 15:20, Jason Pyeron via Cygwin wrote:
I guess I will have to adopt the virt-manager package... please put it on my
plate :(

Well, that wasn't quite the response I was expecting, but thanks very much for helping!

I have added 'virt-manager' to your packages.

[...]
-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Turney <jon.tur...@dronecode.org.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2023 10:05 AM
To: Jason Pyeron <jpye...@pdinc.us>; The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Subject: Re: libxml2 and python not happy... solution downgrade libxml2

On 09/05/2023 23:33, Jason Pyeron via Cygwin wrote:
$ virt-manager
Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager", line 35, in <module>
      from virtinst import util as util
    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/__init__.py", line 18, in <module>
      from virtcli import CLIConfig as _CLIConfig
    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtcli/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
      from .cliconfig import CLIConfig
    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtcli/cliconfig.py", line 24, in <module>
      import ConfigParser
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'ConfigParser'

[...]

#downgrade libxml2...

$ cygcheck -c libxml2 python27-libxml2
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
libxml2              2.9.10-2       OK
python27-libxml2     2.9.10-2       OK

jpyeron@blackfat ~
$ ./test.py

jpyeron@blackfat ~
$ virt-manager

Right.  The real problem here is that virt-manager is still using
python2, which long past EOL, and is planned to be removed.

The current plan, per [1] is for virt-manager to become uninstallable
after this, and see if anyone complains.

If virt-manager is important to you, perhaps you could help us bring it
up to date?

[1] https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin-apps/2023-April/042778.html