Hi Bruno,

On Jul 31 20:43, Bruno Haible via Cygwin wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > there are more of those expressions which are disabled on glibc and
> > fail on Cygwin, for instance in test-c32iscntrl.c.  Maybe it's actually
> > the better idea to disable them on Cygwin, too, rather than to change
> > a working system...
>
> Sure. There is no standard how to map the Unicode properties to POSIX
> character classes. Other than the mentioned ISO C constraints for
> 'digit' and 'xdigit' and a few POSIX constraints, you are free to
> map them as you like. For glibc and gnulib, I mapped them in a way
> that seemed to make most sense for applications. But different
> people might come to different meanings of "make sense".

Ok, so I just pushed a patchset to Cygwin git, which should make GB18030
support actually work.

Also, the C11 functions c16rtomb, c32rtomb, mbrtoc16, mbrtoc32 are now
implemented in Cygwin and a uchar.h header exists now, too.

Assuming all gnulib tests disabled for GLibc in

  test-c32isalpha.c
  test-c32iscntrl.c
  test-c32isprint.c
  test-c32isgraph.c
  test-c32ispunct.c
  test-c32islower.c

will be disabled for Cygwin as well, all gb18030 and c32 tests in gnulib
work as desired now.

Thanks for your input and help!
Corinna