On 9/7/2023 7:00 PM, Harry Rockefeller via Cygwin wrote:
The message I get when trying to install gcc-ada 11.4.0-1 doesn't make
sense.
It says "installed package gcc-core obsoletes gcc-ada (of same version
number) do not ask to install"
When I run cygcheck on this package:
with -c it says it is "OK";
with -l and pipe to grep it has zero matches of: Ada, ada, and gnat.
When I try to compile a simple hello.adb program it says it cannot find
"gnat1".

As I recall there was a recent posting observing that, since
certain run-time components are not available under Cygwin,
gnu-ada is not being distributed.  I suggest you search the
mail archives for details.

Best - Eliot Moss