On 05.10.2023 16:12, Takashi Yano wrote:>
> I guess DirectInput is necessary for that gamepads. I will release
> SDL2 2.28.4-1 (TEST) package shortly, where both dinput and xinput
> are enabled. Could you please test?

Thank you very much!

My gamepads show up, but do not work.
- SDL_NumJoysticks() is now correct: 2
- The USB HID controller generates this SDL_GetError() for
  SDL_GameControllerOpen():
  IDirectInputDevice8::SetCooperativeLevel() DirectX error 0x80070006
- And SDL_JoystickNameForIndex() only returns one character "U" instead
  of "USB Gamepad"
- XBOX360 controller identifies itself correctly as
  "Xbox 360 Controller", but does not work.

What options have you added to ./configure?
IMHO just leave blank. This way at least one category of controllers
should work.

Best regards,
Richard