On 11/6/2023 11:11 AM, Jānis Ķengurs via Cygwin wrote:
On Mon, Nov 6, 2023 at 5:50 PM Brian Inglis <brian.ing...@shaw.ca> wrote:

On 2023-10-31 16:58, Jānis Ķengurs via Cygwin wrote:
I wanted to use some KVM or Qemu or something on linux and windows that
can
fast open iso files for testing
Downloaded on  Windows 10

You can mount ISOs directly on linux with the loop option and module:

         https://www.howtogeek.com/168137/mount-an-iso-image-in-linux/

and on Windows directly:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-mount-or-unmount-iso-images-windows-10

and that may make them visible in Cygwin.

non pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à ajouter  not when there is no more to
add

But i cant install virt-manager to use iso files.
In it can open iso files.
I cant install virt-manager from cygwin any new or old installers, they all
download latest mirror file list and it doesnt have python2 needed for
installing virt-manager.

What I believe Brian was trying to tell you is that you don't have to
have virt-manager in order to mount and use ISO files under Windows.
Once the ISO drive is mounted, it should be visible to Cygwin as an
ordinary drive under /cygdrive according to its drive letter.

This does not make virt-manager work; instead it avoids the need for
it.

Regards - Eliot Moss