Greetings, Cedric Blancher!

> How can I set the localisation locale of Windows netstat cmd from
> Cygwin? LC_ALL=C does not help, a French or German Windows will use
> French or German language still

Use "chcp 65001" in your .bashrc or an equivalent file.
Many windows console tools will resort to English if they do not recognize
console code page. This includes netsh, netstat and ipconfig.

To make your life easier (i.e. not to type "chcp.com" every time), place a
script named something like "install-chcp-link.dash" in /etc/postinstall/ with
content along the lines of

> #!/bin/dash
>
> [ -f /usr/local/bin/chcp ] || {
>   ln -fsT "$( cygpath -S )/chcp.com" /usr/local/bin/chcp
> }
>
> exit 0

and it will create a link on the next fill setup run.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...